Wednesday 26 November 2014

TF Song Game - Positive Message

To the glorious crystallisations of rainbow-coloured, sunshine-flavoured, radiating honeydrops of goodness that participate in the TFBSGs,

Under this post you can provide an account of why your song is suited to the positive vibes of this week's song game. As always, posting a description is completely optional; and replies can be as long or as short as you wish.

The blog has been set up so that replies can be made anonymously. Please try and avoid identifying yourself in your replies where possible. Any replies posted will be re-posted in the relevant TFBSG thread so they will be available to all participants.




4 comments:

  1. Lisa Hannigan - Ocean and a Rock

    Fufu only gave this a 4/10 for both upliftingness and optimism, so looks like some explanation may be needed.

    This is a song to a lover who for unnamed reasons is on the other side of the world (an ocean and a rock away). That could be the premise for a real downer of a song, but this is anything but that. What she's saying with this song is that her beloved is there with her, right here and right now, in the buttons of her overcoat, in her fingerless gloves, in the little things in the pockets of her overcoat. She spoons him (the image all the more beautiful for being completely devoid of any sexual innuendo) into her coffee, spins him through her delicate wash, she wears him all day.

    "Let's get lost me and you, an ocean and a rock are nothing to me". What could be more optimistic and uplifting than that?

    The only fault I can find wit this otherwise perfect song is that it's not me she's singing it to:inlove:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tori Amos - Secret Spell

    The primary thing I like about this song is that the message of the lyrics is conveyed equally well through the music itself. I tend not to pay too much attention to the words of a song, but I could tell this was about a sort of forward-looking resilience in the face of adversity without paying much attention to them. It's a good antidote to the feeling that your life is "over" or "ruined" that can accompany bad events; positives will persist, return or be redeveloped with time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Björk - It's Oh So Quiet

    This wasn't my pick at first. I was about to send another song when I listened to it and I changed my mind. I find its antithetic form, with the constant juxtaposition of stillness and repentine loudness very uplifting, it kinda suggests that everything positive could happen at any time. This is what I feel about this song. Also, her voice fits it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOPHIE - Lemonade

    I don't like lemonade.

    ReplyDelete